We at Puget Sound Eye Care are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our patients, staff and community. Regarding the recent COVID-19 concerns, we are following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control, the Washington State Department of Public Health, and the King County
As of March 17th: The CDC recommends postponing all non-urgent eye care.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
Puget Sound Eye Care remains open for essential medical care. If you believe that you are experiencing an eye-related emergency, contact our office immediately.
As a reminder, if you have an emergency after hours, we do have an on-call doctor that can be reached. If you need to get in touch with our on-call doctor, call our Seattle Front Desk at (206) 526-5222.
We are committed to providing a clean, safe, and low-risk environment for our patients, staff, and community. As such, we are:
- Frequently cleaning common areas and disinfecting all shared surfaces before and after use.
- Screening all staff, patients, and visitors for fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, or if they have been in close contact with an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Rescheduling or sending home any staff, patients, or visitors if they are experiencing fever, cough, or shortness of breath, or have been in close contact with an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
WHAT WE ARE ENCOURAGING
We are encouraging all staff, patients, and visitors to use respiratory etiquette when in the clinic:
- Frequently wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth areas with your hands.
- Practice social distancing and try to maintain a 6ft distance from others.
- If possible, only bringing one additional family member or friend to your appointment.
- Reaching out to a staff member if you have any questions or concerns.
- If you are experiencing a fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, or you have been in contact with somebody experiencing those symptom or has a confirmed case of COVID-19, call our front desk immediately and before you enter the clinic.
A MESSAGE FROM OUR OPTICIANS
If you are waiting on an eyeglass or contact lens order, contact one our opticians to discuss getting your order shipped to you free of charge.
Optical Solutions, Seattle: (206) 526-5060.
Optical Solutions, Bellevue: (425) 454-0230.
If you must disinfect your eyeglasses, do not spray or wipe the lens with disinfectant as it could ruin your lenses. Use eye glass cleaner and a cotton cloth.